Support Us / Be a volunteer
Be a volunteer
There are volunteering opportunities at The Quilt Association, and you do not have to live in Llanidloes or even Mid Wales to get involved. Volunteering is interesting, educational, highly rewarding and can be great fun.
If you are interested in quilting and patchwork, or textile arts generally, you may like to know about the following opportunities:
- Quilt documentation – members are invited to help the trustees document quilts donated to The Quilt Association.
- Hanging exhibitions – volunteers work with trustees to hang exhibitions, gaining hands-on experience of hanging antique and contemporary works.
- Stewarding the summer show alongside members of the local quilt group Welsh Heritage Quilters – great if you enjoy meeting people and telling them about quilts!
Other volunteering opportunities include:
- Setting up and maintaining exhibition screens at the Centre.
- Contributing to our newsletter, and help us distribute publicity material.
- Fundraising, from raising major grant funds to organising coffee mornings.
- Building maintenance.
- Administration – including general office work and hiring the Centre out to other organisations.
If you would like to talk about contributing some of your time and expertise to The Quilt Association, please get in touch. Telephone 01686 413467 or send us an email here.