Support Us / Be a volunteer
Be a volunteer
There are numerous volunteering opportunities at The Quilt Association, and you do not have to live in Llanidloes or even Mid Wales to get involved. Volunteering is interesting, educational, highly rewarding and usually great fun!
Training and mentoring is available in all areas of volunteering.
If you are interested in quilting and patchwork, or textile arts generally, you may like to know about the following opportunities:
- Quilt documentation – volunteers visit the Centre several times a year to help the team document quilts donated to The Quilt Association.
- Quilt Detectives project – volunteers choose a quilt from the collection to study in depth, with support from the resident Quilt Detectives team. This can be carried out at a distance from the Centre, using the internet and other research facilities.
- Hanging exhibitions – volunteers work as a team to hang the annual summer show, gaining hands-on experience of hanging antique and contemporary works.
- Stewarding the summer show – great if you enjoy meeting people and telling them about quilts!
Other volunteering opportunities include:
- Staffing the small shop at The Minerva Arts Centre, which is open during the summer show and occasionally throughout the year.
- Setting up and maintaining exhibition screens at the Centre.
- Promotion and publicity work, including contributing to the newsletter, and distributing publicity material.
- Fundraising, from raising major grant funds to organising coffee mornings.
- Building maintenance.
- Administration – including general office work and hiring the Centre out to other organisations.
If you would like to talk about contributing some of your time and expertise to The Quilt Association, please get in touch. Telephone 01686 413467 or send us an email here.