This velvet patchwork quilt (2115 x 1974 mm) was made by Anne Williams of Torfaen Road, Caerphilly in 1870 and donated to The Quilt Association by her family.
It is made of silk velvet and cottons in a plain weave ground. The colours are mainly maroon, brown, and blue in a bold patchwork design with central medallion and borders. The patchwork is finely hand quilted in a black cotton thread with a medallion, paisley pear, tulips, fans, and oval leaves. The reverse is a pink cotton sateen.
The quilt has been exhibited in two summer shows at the Minerva Arts Centre, and also at Holyhead, Anglesey.