New world quilt book
4 May 2011
The Quilt Association has been sent a copy of this new American publication to review and here is our verdict:
- Stunning high quality colour photographs throughout.
- The front cover features a Welsh Art Nouveau floral quilt detail.
- Essays from expert contributors from around the world.
- Interviews on specific topics.
- 352 pages packed with interesting information - you can't read this book in an evening.
- The quilt block patterns at the end - these are superfluous. There are thousands of how-to quilt books out there already.
- Virtually no contemporary quilts for Britain's section - how can this be with such a huge creative output in the UK?
But all in all, an excellent book, and good value at £25.
Quilts around the World, by Spike Gillespie. Published by Voyageur Press.